7 October 2021
1. We will continue to have services on Friday (8 Oct) from 8am to 5pm, Saturday (9 Oct) from 9am to 12pm and on Monday (11 Oct) from 8am to 5pm.
2. COVID vaccines are now available to all age groups over 12 years. Vaccination clinics are on Saturday (9 Oct), Tuesday (12 Oct) and Thursday (14 Oct). Please contact our clinic to arrange your booking, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, phoning 07 873 7079 or through https://bookmyvaccine.covid19.health.nz
PLEASE DO NOT PRESENT UNLESS YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT FOR VACCINATION. If you are unwell on the day of your appointment, please call and reschedule.
3. Most GP appointments will be done Virtually via Telephone at Level 3. You will be asked to come in if a physical examination is warranted. Also, we ask that if you do come in, please limit your support person to one.
4. We will be manning the doors. Before coming in the building, people will be assessed over the phone and at the door for respiratory symptoms. If one has a fever, sore throat, runny/stuffy nose, sneezing, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell or taste, or may have close contacts with a person with COVID-19 or suspected of COVID-19, you will be asked to go to the back of the building to be seen either in the carpark or in our isolation room.
5. Please download the contact tracing app and use it. If you do not have the tracing app, please sign in at the door. Masks are required for anyone over age 12 yo coming in the medical centre.
6. We still encourage everyone with COVID symptoms to get a swab. Otorohanga Medical will be offering drive through swab slots by appointment.
7. Payment is expected and will remain the same for our enrolled patients. After these consultations, you will receive a text from our reception about our invoice and banking details or you will be informed by the GP. For payments online, use our bank account BNZ 02 0392 0011533 00- please put your name as reference. COVID swabs and COVID Vaccinations are free.
8. We will post updates on Facebook and send Manage My Health notices to keep our patients updated.
9. Please do not use Facebook or the Website to communicate with the Medical Centre as these are not being regularly monitored. You may call and leave a message if the phone line is engaged. You may email reception at email@example.com, or send a message via Manage My Health.
10. Pathlab in Otorohanga Medical will be open from 8am-4pm with lunch break between 1-1:30pm.
11. Hamilton Radiology will continue to operate in Otorohanga Medical on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week if we continue being on level 3. They will continue to perform urgent scans and x-rays, maternity ultrasound scans. Clients must comply with all hand hygiene, respiratory and physical distancing precautions.
12. Evening clinics are unavailable in Level 3.
13. ACC and WINZ renewals/extensions can still all be done after a telephone consult.
14. Screening programmes are operating with appropriate safeguards in place to keep participants and staff safe. It is recommended that people with pre-existing existing medical conditions check with their health professional as to whether it is safe to attend appointments. Bowel screening will continue. You can still expect to receive your invitation to take part in bowel screening. Cervical and breast screening will continue for most women. The decision to screen those with existing
medical conditions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
15. We are also continuing Immunisation programs, especially Childhood Immunisations.
16. We encourage everyone over 16 years old to sign up for Manage My Health Patient Portal. You can request prescriptions online, make non-urgent GP appointments and send non-urgent messages to your GP or nurse through this secure network. If you are interested, please email reception at firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be given instructions to do so. Please be prepared to email back a copy of your ID/Driver’s License.
Kia Kaha everyone!